I LOVE making meals that can feed my family for a week and one of my hubby’s faves is my Chunky Spanish Rice! It’s bursting with flavor, chunky and crispy veggies and perfect for any week night meal. I healthified and veganized this from my mother-in-law’s recipe and added my own Colombian twist too!
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, add cajun seasoning or paprika/cayenne mix to dry rice and mix well and add into into boiling water and set aside to cook down.
- Add olive oil to a medium pot and heat to medium. Sauté peppers, onions, and celery until translucent but still crispy.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix in your veggie mix, soy chorizo and tomato sauce to your finished rice. Incorporate well and serve!