“I love teaching and sharing my knowledge about food! Cooking is so rewarding and food makes the world go round! Good food is about the love of cooking, it is about the time taken to decide what you want to cook, it is about been aware of your seasons, sustainability and ethical eating!
Enjoy shopping for fresh and local ingredients and finally sitting down and savouring that dish and sharing it with family and friends. For me, Nose to Tail, Sustainability and ethical eating is absolutely key!
We firmly believe in preparing our students to follow this ethos and we also teach them about plant-based cooking and lifestyle. Been able to teach our students and guide them into a better understanding of food, is truly fantastic!
Apart from the obvious necessity of food needed to survive. Food embodies celebration and bringing people together. I could not imagine my life without my absolute love for food and being able to share this with everyone, especially our students!”
~ Chef Peter Ayub
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Griddle your Courgette ribbons (lasagne sheets)
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a baking dish and layer with two layers of zucchini ribbons, bechamel, cashew nuts, Napolitano – keep building until all ingredients are finished
- The layer of peas must go in the centre of the lasagne
- For the final layer, make a Courgette ribbon lattice. Layer Courgette ribbons side by side at a diagonal in the baking dish. Lift the bottom half of every other ribbon and lay another courgette ribbon diagonally. Repeat until top layer is full. Drizzle the top with a generous glug of lemon-infused EVO Olive Oil (we like Morgenster)
- Don’t forget to Season each layer
- Bake until courgette is cooked through approximately 30 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serve with a side salad of your choice.
- Bon Appetit!!!
Our food philosophy is all about the values of ethical eating, sustainability, the use of seasonal produce, nose to tail eating and most importantly cooking with love & passion!
Chef Peter has had a colourful and exciting career to date… cooking in some incredible places in the world namely Moscow, Istanbul, Bangkok, Chicago, London, Goa (India), Mauritius etc… He is an Award-Winning Cook Book Author, Celebrity TV Food Show Host and he has had the privilege of cooking for some pretty important and esteemed guests including Nelson Mandela, Jamie Foxx, Beyoncé and Jayzee, The English Cricket Team, Ruby Wax, Kim & Khloe Kardashian, Koffi Annan, Helen Zille, Patricia De Lille to name a few.