Everybody's favourite! Makes 10 enchiladas.
- Pre heat oven to 180º C /360 ºF / Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over a low/medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute until onion is translucent. Add coriander and cumin.
- Cook for two minutes stirring constantly adding a little water if the pan seems dry.
- Add the spinach, black beans, soy sauce and mashed sweet potatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt.
- Place ¼ cup of mixture in centre of tortilla. Roll into a burrito and place in a non-stick baking dish.
- Once all the burritos are assembled, pour your favourite salsa on top and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with melty vegan cheese and return to over for 2-5 minutes (until the cheese is melted).
- Garnish with sliced spring onions and serve!
Mild Homemade Salsa:
If, like me, you do not like things hot (or even warm for that matter!), this is the perfect salsa. You can build your tolerance to greater heat levels if you so desire. Just start with a very little bit of hot pepper.
- 8 fresh vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, yellow, orange or red
- ½ tsp seal salt
- 1 lime, juiced
Combine all the chopped ingredients into a bowl stir lightly. Squeeze the lime juice over the homemade salsa. If you prefer, you can use a stick blender and create a less chunky salsa. This flavourfully mild homemade salsa can be served immediately, but its flavour will be enhanced if you let the tastes develop overnight in the fridge.