These are Vegan Brownies but just as good, if not better, than any brownie I have ever tasted.
Thought I would make them for Father’s Day, seeing that a celebration is always a good time to break the sugar fast!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there!
This recipe serves 12. Delicious warm or cool.
Preheat oven to 180C and line a square baking tray with baking paper.
To make the Salted Caramel:
- Heat the coconut cream in a pan. In a separate pan, add the sugar and equal part of water (i.e. 4tbsp sugar to 4tbsp water).
- Over low heat, swirl the sugar until it starts turning a golden colour.
- Then add the cream.
- Mix together the syrup, peanut butter and salt.
- Whisk into the cream.
- Mixture will turn a rich caramel colour.
To make the Brownies:
- Make your flax eggs and set aside (For each egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir well).
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- I use a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- Beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour the Brownie mixture into the prepared tray.
- Pour the Caramel mixture over the top.
- Use knife to drag the caramel mixture to create a swirl.
- Bake for 35-40 min.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve with a dusting of icing sugar.