A traditional Caribbean stew to soothe your soul!
Serves 4 -6.
- Heat a large soup pot on medium-low heat then add oil.
- Saute carrots, garlic, scallions and ginger for 5 minutes. Then add potatoes, corn, plantains and beans and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all spices except Scotch bonnet and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring soup to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is coming to a boil, mix dumpling ingredients in a small bowl.
- Start with mixing the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Then add oil and 3 tablespoons of water. Do not over mix. Dough should be slightly dry. Add extra water if needed, 1 teasponn at a time.
- When the soup is turned down to simmer, add dumplings 1 heaping teaspoon at a time.
- Remove Scotch bonnet, scallions and thyme stalks before serving.
Like this recipe? Then why not sign up to Veganuary to have more delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox!