Protein packed, low-carb, sugar-free and Paleo.
Soak the nuts (and seeds if using) overnight with the salt.(Whole nuts can cause digestive issues for some, which is largely due to their phytate content, an anti-nutrient that removes essential minerals from the body, and is found in grains, nuts and seeds. Soaking them and gently roasting them as we do in this recipe removes the phytates, thus making them more digestible and much safer to eat. Adding sesame or peanut flour adds extra yum plus protein, and they are free from sugar which makes them low carb too.)
- Drain and rinse the soaked nuts well.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast at GM4/350F/180C for 12-15 mins, checking and stirring regularly. Cool.
- Roughly chop half the nuts. Process the rest until they begin to form a paste.
- Melt together the almond butter and coconut oil, Sukrin Gold, vanilla and until the Gold is dissolved.
- Stir in the nut paste and nuts, any additions and the Sesame Flour.
- Pack into a lined dish, allow to sit in the fridge for an hour before slicing and serving.