- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add roughly chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves. Fry until soft.
- Add chopped rosemary and fry for 1 minute or so.
- Add parsnips (peeled and cut in 1cm thick slices).
- Add vegetable stock. Bring to boil, then cook covered under medium heat for 15-20 mins until parsnips are soft.
- When the parsnips are soft, add 2/3 frozen peas and cook for 8 mins until peas are cooked.
- Puree the vegetables with a liquidiser until the soup is smooth. Add more water or stock to desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Add a 1/3 of frozen peas left. Bring back to the boil and cook for another 8 mins under medium heat until peas are cooked.
- Serve with a slice of chunky bread.