Dense, moist, and full of both flavor and fiber, this sweet quick bread features the nutritional powerhouse of quinoa in the form of flakes (similar to rolled oats).
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9×3-inch loaf pan and dust it with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal and water. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, or until a gel-like texture forms.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa flakes, oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas. Add the flax mixture, applesauce, and maple syrup, and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for another 15 minutes, or until a toothpick or sharp knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.