An easy-to-make raw carrot cake full of natural sweet goodness.
The key to this recipe is not to over blend as you need the mixture to stay firm and try to get as much of the excess moisture out from the carrots as possible.
1) Put the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until they look crumbly, then add the dates and pulse again.
2) Add the grated carrot and spices and pulse until the mixture starts to look dough-like, add raisins and pulse for another thirty seconds – be careful not to over mix here, better less than more.
3) Push the carrot cake mixture down into ramekins – choose the size you like, or make a variety from small bites to large handfuls! Refrigerate for at least one hour.
4) Meanwhile, make the frosting. Drain the cashews and dates and put them in your food processor along with the lemon juice and salt.
5) You’ll probably need to add a little water to get the mixture moving. Blend until smooth and creamy(if your blender is high power) or smooth but textured (if it’s not).
6) Take your carrot cakes from the fridge and pop them out of their ramekins. Pipe over with the icing.