Easy, tasty and packed full of the good stuff! Quinoa is a delicious, easy to cook grain and is very high in protein.
- Place quinoa and water in a saucepan. Add salt, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until the water has been absorbed and quinoa has opened (like in sprouting) about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat oil in a pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion and a splash of soy sauce and sauté until the onion is tender and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in red peppers (thinly sliced) and a splash of soy sauce and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add tofu on top of vegetables but do not stir in, season with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until tofu is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add asparagus, orange zest and splash of soy sauce. Cover and cook until asparagus is bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and gently stir in lemon juice.
- Arrange quinoa in a shallow bowl and spoon the stir fry over top.