Perfect with all the usual trimmings!
- Chop the onion finely and fry in olive oil until translucent.
- Chop mushrooms finely and add to onions.
- When cooked, add tomato concentrate,yeast flakes and yeast extract. Stir well.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix until combined – the mixture should be quite dry and form a ball.
- Place in a well-greased and lined (small) loaf tin.
- Cook at 400 degrees c, until the top begins to brown (approx. 20 minutes) then turn oven down to 350, and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Turn loaf out of tin and slice.
Note: This is also really good the next day served cold, with salad.