Chewy sweet oatmeal cookie cups filled with an easily made dairy-free coconut sugar caramel, topped with Pulsin’ no added sugar chocolate drops, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser. The perfect balance of indulgence and health in every bite.
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Michelle Hunt
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with baking paper circles. Grease the sides with melted coconut oil. I actually use a 12 cup muffin tray that has loose bottoms!
- Preheat oven to 160C (325F).
- Process walnuts to a coarse meal.
- Mix together all oatmeal cookie ingredients.
- Divide mixture amongst prepared muffin tray cavities; approx. 1.5 tbsp.
- Press down to evenly distribute in each and then make an indent in the middle of each allowing it to come up the sides a little.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and gently press down the centres before they cool. Allow to cool in the tray for 15 minutes before removing and place on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile mix together coconut sugar, vanilla, salt and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved…about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the coconut oil, bring back the boil and once again stir continuously this time over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for one hour.
- Place baked cookie cups onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place 1-1.5 tsp of the caramel into the centre of each baked cup. Place them into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate or to make your own homemade chocolate, mix the melted cacao butter with the cacao powder and maple syrup. Sweeten to your own taste.
- Pour 1 generous tsp of the melted chocolate or homemade chocolate over the top of each cookie cup just covering the caramel. Place in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes. Store in the fridge and remove 10-15 minutes before serving for a softer caramel.