Comfort food at it's best. Vegan sausages and mashed potato, with crunchy broccoli and gravy.
Special thanks to Victoria Harley for the image: split-pin.co.uk
- You can use gravy granules or make your own. I always make my own and you can find out how in my Vegan Roast Dinner recipe.
- If making your own gravy, you probably want to get started on that first. If using granules you can start on that about the same time as the broccoli
- Wash and chop your potatoes (I always leave the skins on, even for mash, as there’s so much goodness there!), and add to a pan of water
- Bring to boil and then keep on a medium heat until the potatoes are nice and soft
- In the meantime, cook the sausages according to the instructions on the packet
- Wash and cut your broccoli into florets and add to a pan of hot water. I like my broccoli crunchy and bright green so I only cook mine in boiling water for a few minutes before draining and serving
- Drain your potatoes and mash with a little vegan marge, a little salt and heaps of cracked pepper
- Plate up, pour over gravy and eat immediately!