You read it right. Carrot bacon!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice carrots into thin strips using either a mandolin or food processor to keep them uniform.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, amino acid (we use Bragg’s), olive oil, liquid smoke, and smoked paprika. Then, in a shallow dish, toss sliced carrots with broth combination until carrots are completely coated.
- Arrange carrot slices on a foil-wrapped baking sheet so that they don’t overlap. Put in oven and bake for 7 minutes. Pull baking sheet from the oven and flip carrots. Put baking sheet in the oven to bake for another 7-8 minutes. It might take more or less time depending on how thick or thin you sliced your carrots.
- You’ll know your carrot bacon is done when the edges are crispy and the center of each slice looks dry.
- Move carrot bacon to a plate with a paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool to room temperature before crumbling over a salad or putting in a sandwich. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.