Follow our vegan apple crumble recipe for pure autumn bliss.
- Wash the fruit. Core the apples and chop into cubes, roughly 2cm. Take a third of the chopped apples and simmer in a little water with the agave nectar and cinnamon.
- Once they become soft and pulpy and can be lightly mashed with a wooden spoon to form a sauce, add the remaining apples and soften slightly for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the blackberries gently so as not to crush them.
- Pour the fruit mixture into an ovenproof dish and preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Meanwhile, rub the vegan margarine into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the oats and sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping onto the fruit filling and press it down lightly. Scatter a little extra sugar all over the top, then pop in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with lashings and lashings of vegan custard!
Like this recipe and want to try more? Sign up with Veganuary today for recipes delivered straight to your inbox.