Who doesn’t like carrot cake? Because its made with carrots it must be good for you, so why not indulge!
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl, add Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon Powder and Nutmeg Powder. Mix well.
- Add Yogurt, Brown Sugar, Sugar and Vanilla. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add Flaxseed Mixture and mix with melted margarine.
- Add Carrots, Walnuts . Mix well.
- Lightly grease the bottoms and sides of 2 9 inch cake pans, and dust with flour or line with paper. A 9×13 inch rectangle pan can also be used.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 2 cake pans and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F/180C.
- Remove from oven and allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Flip them out onto waxed or parchment paper and allow them to cool completely before frosting. If you do not wish to frost the cake, you can enjoy it immediately.
- Beat margarine,Cream Cheese and Vanilla until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until smooth.
- Place one cake (face down) on a platter.
- Lightly frost only the top of the cake.
- Place second cake (face down) over the first cake and frost top and sides if you wish.
- Sprinkle a few chopped walnut pieces over the top to garnish.
- Tastes best at room temperature or warmed for few seconds in the microwave.
Like this recipe? Sign up to Veganuary today to get recipes like this delivered directly to your inbox.