Serves 4 – 6.
- Blend the apples until smooth, add the stevia and cocoa powder. Mix through the flour and starch and lastly the juice to form a smooth thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into a 8″ cake tin and roughly smooth the top. Pile the frozen berries on top of the batter and lightly press.
- Bake at 180C for approx 35 minutes- check the cake after 20 minutes and if the top is already golden but centre still requires extra time, loosely cover for the final 15 minutes or so.
- Serve hot or cold, with custard or cream (vegan of course)!
- *Note: I used apple juice the first time it is tasted slightly too appley for my taste but was still fine. I would suggest using a berry juice to compliment the berries on top.