These vegan chickpea blondies are fudgy, oh-so-chocolatey and packed full of goodness. Smother them in chocolate for an extra special treat!
Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream the sugar and margarine together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the puréed chickpea followed by the flax eggs until well combined (though don’t worry if it separates slightly once you add the flax, that’s fine).
- Next sieve in the flour, folding it in as you go. Finally stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Grease a deep tin or oven-proof dish (glass or ceramic are fine) and pour the mixture in, spreading evenly. Place in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes; the exact cooking time will depend on your oven.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for around five minutes. After this time you can slice the blondies and move to a wire cooling rack or kitchen roll to cool fully.
- To prepare the topping, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (a glass bowl over a pan of shallow boiling water), stirring until it is smooth and glossy. Using a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over the blondies and leave to set.
- Serve warm or cold.