Have you ever made brownies then felt great disappointment when you taste them and they are dry and cakey, not dense and gooey as a good brownie should be? Never fear, I can guarantee chocolatey gooeyness with these guys. Not only are these absolutely delicious, they are really easy to make and a healthier alternative to your regular sugar laden brownie plus they’re gluten free too! Seriously what more do you want from us!
Makes 15 brownies.
Preheat the over to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a saucepan add the dates and cover with water, cook down for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat until soft and gooey.
- Into the blender add the whole almonds and blitz for 30 seconds. Add the cocoa power, ground almonds, dark chocolate and walnuts and blitz together until the walnuts are chopped up.
- In a small bowl mix together the milled chia seeds and mix with water. Add to the blender along with the maple syrup.
- Once the dates have boiled down add to the blender and mix everything together.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the baking tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tray and once cooled cut into squares. Keep in the fridge.