This cake (as with most of my recipes) is a concoction of ingredients I happened to have around but I think it’s already become a firm favourite.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius/350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Whisk together the yoghurt, milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sweeteners.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the wet ingredients. fold gently until the ingredients are thoroughly combined before stirring through around half of the redcurrants – leaving the remainder on the stalk for presentation purposes.
- Grease your bundt tin with a little coconut oil. pour the batter into the tin and bake for around 30mins.
- Allow it to cool for around 10mins before removing from the tin and transferring to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the glaze ingredients together in a pan and simmer until reduced and reasonably thick. let it cool a little before spooning around the top of the cake, allowing some of it to strategically run down the sides. leave it to cool further for around 5-10minutes before adorning with the remaining red currants.