How hot can you go? This dairy-free Mexican take on the Italian Classic ticks all the boxes: cheese, tick. Crunchy veg, tick. Chilli, TICK. Make it as hot or not as you and the family like, just adjust the amount of chilli flakes you add for the perfect kick.
Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion until soft but not coloured. Add pepper and fry for further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the mixed beans and chopped tomatoes, adding chilli flakes if liked. Heat through and then reduce heat to low whilst making the dairy free cheese sauce.
- Place Flora, flour and soya milk in a medium saucepan. Stirring continuously over a moderate heat, bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened, smooth and glossy. Stir in 100g dairy free cheddar cheese until melted and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about a quarter of the tomato sauce over the base of a lasagne dish and arrange a single layer of flour tortillas over the top. Spoon a quarter of the dairy free cheese sauce over the tortillas then repeat the layers finishing with a layer of cheese sauce. Cover the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until bubbling and golden.