Direct from the Pulsin’ kitchen this recipe is for a festive mulled berry compote. Packed full of apples, berries and warming spices this compote is perfect on top of porridge, granola or with coconut yogurt.
- Add the water to a saucepan with a lid, bring to the boil, turn to a low heat and add the mulling spice bag. Put the lid on the pan and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Remove the mulling bag, add the apples and replace the lid. Simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes
- When the apple starts to dissolve, add the frozen fruit, goji berries and acai powder. Replace the lid and continue to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Stir in in 6 dessertspoons of rice syrup (or to taste)
- Serve with vegan yogurt or cream, as a porridge topping or use to make a fruit crumble!
Enjoyed making this? We’ve got more vegan desserts for you to try over on the blog!