This quick and easy dish (even quicker if you have left over rice from something else) is extremely adaptable so you can chuck in whatever you have in your fridge, even if you don’t’ have the whole rainbow. It seemed silly to measure out all the smaller bits of veg so I just go for a handful of each and that works for me.
- Cook the rice as instructed on the packaging.
- While the rice cooks, prep the vegetables. I like a mix of diced, ribbon, julienne to create a mix of textures.
- When the veg is ready, add the oil to a frying pan or wok and let it get hot before throwing in the veg. Carrots and cabbage take a little longer to cook so I put them in first and then the rest of the veg goes in a couple of minutes later.
- Keep giving the veg a stir and turning it over so it cooks evenly and doesn’t stick. It should take 5 – 10 mins to cook through.
- Add the miso, five spice and soy sauce and stir through. Finally, add the rice. Stir regularly so it doesn’t burn. Once the rice is heated through, you are good to go.