Couldn’t think of a better meal for dinner than a “protein-carb balanced” soup for a chilly, rainy evening.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onions, garlic and spices.
- Add celery, carrots, potatoes, beans and tomato (puree and tinned).
- Add fresh/dried herbs.
- Dissolve cubes in the boiling water.
- Cover vegetables with water and allow to slowly simmer for approx 1 hour.
- Blend and add seasoning to taste.
- Add more liquid if too thick.
- Serve hot with drizzle of coconut cream.
- For optional extra heat/spice, add chopped de-seeded chillies.