One of the things I thought I'd miss on becoming vegan was BBQs - because mistakenly I believed that without meat, there'd be little I could eat other than vegetable skewers (don't get me wrong, they're great, but it seems a bit OTT to get the BBQ going just to toast a few peppers and mushrooms). I never needed to worry though, there are sooooo many vegan BBQ, including this one I'm about to share with you - sweet spiced seitan skewers. Now try saying that after a glass or two of Pimms!
- If using bamboo skewers, pop them in water to soak to help prevent them burning
- Chop the seitan into 1/2 inch thick pieces – don’t worry too much about uniformity
- Chop the chillies and coriander leaves
- Place the seitan, chillies, coriander, and ginger into a bowl
- Add the liquid ingredients and sesame seeds
- Mix well then leave to soak for 15-20 minutes
- Place onto skewers in desired portions
- Spoon any left over mixture over the skewers
- Grill & eat!