One of the things I thought I'd miss on becoming vegan was BBQs - because mistakenly I believed that without meat, there'd be little I could eat other than vegetable skewers. I never needed to worry though, there are so many vegan BBQ recipes, including this one - sweet spiced seitan skewers. Now try saying that after a glass or two of Pimm's!
- If using bamboo skewers, pop them in water to soak to help prevent them burning
- Chop the seitan into 1/2 inch thick pieces – don’t worry too much about uniformity
- Chop the chillies and coriander leaves
- Place the seitan, chillies, coriander, and ginger into a bowl
- Add the liquid ingredients and sesame seeds
- Mix well then leave to soak for 15-20 minutes
- Place onto skewers in desired portions
- Spoon any left over mixture over the skewers
- Grill & eat!