This sweet, fresh and fruity couscous is a great lunchbox option, perfect for barbecues and works well as a side dish or served with roasted Mediterranean vegetables.
Toothsomely Sweet Couscous is made using Provamel Cashew Drink.
- Put the couscous in a large bowl and immerse in boiling water.
- Cover the bowl and let the couscous swell up.
- If the water is completely absorbed after 3-4 mins, you can mash the couscous with a fork and let it cool.
- Smother the couscous with the Provamel Cashew Drink and stir in the cinnamon.
- Cut the dates, figs and apricots in pieces and mix with the raisins, almond, the orange blossom water and add everything to the couscous.
- Cut the pomegranate in half en submerge it in water.
- Loosen the seeds with your hands.
- The seeds will sink to the bottom and the skin will float on the surface.
- Remove the skin from the water and drain the water.
- Add the seeds to the couscous.
- Serve with a couple of leaves of mint.