This mac & guac was really tasty and creamy, and super easy to make. It makes for a perfect weekday dinner, give it a go!
2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt, to taste
3 tablespoons dairy free butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp mustard
1. Cook the pasta
2. Blend the avocados, cilantro, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, 1/2 cup almond milk, lemon juice and salt in a food processor until smooth.
3. Heat dairy-free butter in a large frying pan. Add the onions and fry until transculent (5-8 mins). Remove from the pan. Add the crushed garlic to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in flour until combined, making sure no lumps form.
4. Slowly pour in the 1 1/4 cups of almond milk making sure you whisk continuously to ensure there are no lumps. Add the nutritional yeast and whisk until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the mustard.
5. Stir in the avocado mix until thoroughly combined. Add the macaroni and fried red onions and mix until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
6. Garnish with sun dried tomatoes and basil leaves
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the BOSH! Recipe Videos.