Aubergine, cheezy sauce, pasta, oh my! This is a new take on the favourite Italian classic dish Aubergine Parmesan. It uses aubergine dipped in cheeze sauce and coated in garlic and herby breadcrumbs, then being topped with tomato and roasted, before being served alongside fettuccini pasta and marinara sauce.
For the breading
1 C (125 grams) breadcrumbs
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed, minced
pinch each salt and pepper
1 t oregano
½ t garlic granules
For the eggplant
1 medium aubergine sliced in half, then scored with a checkerboard pattern
? cup (80 ml) Cheezy Sauce Recipe
1 medium tomato, cut in half, then sliced
2 servings of pasta, cooked
1 C (250 ml) marinara sauce, divided
drizzle olive oil
few leaves of parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Combine all five breading ingredients together in a small bowl, then transfer to a flat plate.
3. Top each aubergine slice with a tablespoon of the Cheezy Sauce, squeezing the eggplant gently to allow the sauce to absorb into the scoring.
4. Place one aubergine slice, cheezy side down, onto the breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat with other aubergine.
5. Place breaded aubergines, breaded side up, into cast-iron skillet. Top each aubergine slices with three teaspoons of Cheezy Sauce dollops. Top with tomato slices to look pretty.
6. Place into oven and bake until aubergine is easily pierced with a fork all the way through and the Cheezy Sauce is browned about 20-25 minutes.
7. Distribute cooked pasta between two bowls, and top with the marinara sauce. Place baked aubergine on top.
8. To serve, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with a few leaves of parsley.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.