This is no ordinary salad is full of flavour, vibrancy, and texture, it does not disappoint. The pesto recipe from previously, mixed creamy avocado acts as a deliciously flavoursome dressing. The kale, has been massaged for softness and mixed in with some crunchy red cabbage and bell peppers, and topped with chopped nuts. This salad is a delicious standalone dish.
For the dressing
1 clove garlic, sliced thin or minced
juice of 1 lemon, rolled to loosen up the juices a bit
2 avocados, pits removed, scooped from skins and smashed
¾ cup Pesto Recipe
pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
1 bunch dino kale
1 bunch curly kale
½ small red onion, thin julienne
½ red bell pepper, thin julienne (set a bit aside for garnish)
½ orange bell pepper, thin julienne (set a bit aside for garnish)
½ yellow bell pepper, thin julienne (set a bit aside for garnish)
½ C (64 grams) red cabbage, shredded
For the garnish
reserved bell pepper slices
pistachio, or any other raw or roasted nuts/seeds (about a handful)
1. Stem all the kale and coarsely chop (don’t toss these stems, they are great in stir fries, soups and juice).
2. Combine both kales, onion, bell peppers and cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
3. Prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl, and whisk together until mixture is well combined and smooth.
4. Pour dressing over salad and mix by hand, get in there good making sure to massage the kale as you go. Even kale likes massages.
5. Serve the salad with the reserved bell pepper slices and pistachios as a garnish topper.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.