Piri Piri Beyond Meat Burger with pencil-thin shroomz.
a little oil
1 bunch enoki mushrooms
1/2 t piri-piri powder
2 Beyond Burgers (or your favorite plant-based burger)
2 burger buns
a little plant-based butter
For the piri-piri mayo
1/3 cup plant-based mayo
3 tablespoons piri-piri sauce
white onion, sliced into thin rings and caramelized
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add oil, and spread oil around pan.
2. Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, then add a second cast-iron pan to the top to press. Apply some pressure to the top skillet, and make sure the mushrooms are pressed evenly. The shrooms will start to release their liquid and caramelize. Allow the liquid to evaporate.
3. Sprinkle piri-piri powder evenly over mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes, then turn the mushroom clusters so the seasoned side is down.
4. Let simmer for a few minutes then remove from heat. Set mushrooms aside.
5. Give the skillet a quick wipe, and bring back to the heat. Add a splash of oil.
6. Place Beyond Burgers in the center of the skillet, and onion slices around the sides.
7. Let cook for 2 minutes each side, cook the onions on the side in the same pan. After burgers finish cooking remove from skillet.
8. Toast burger buns in same pan, buttering each slice and placing sliced side down in skillet. Remove when charred, do not burn, eh!
9. Whisk together the piri piri and mayo for the flavorful dressing.
1. Spread piri-piri mayo on toasted buns.
2. Add burger.
3. Top with caramelized onions and enoki mushrooms.
4. Drizzle more mayo over top of mushrooms and finish with top burger bun. Serve immediately.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.