We are giving porridge and upgrade with this recipe for blueberry porridge scramble. We took the best part of a cobbler, scrambled it, flipped it upside down and slammed it down on a cast iron pan to give oatmeal a facelift. This is a deliciously healthy breakfast treat, give it a try this morning.
1 C whole, rolled oats
2 T brown sugar
1 T plant-based butter
¼ C fresh blueberries (25 grams), plus a few more for garnish
¼ t cinnamon
¼ t nutmeg
Splash of water
about 6 macadamia nuts
1 container of Oatley brand Creamy Oat Fraiche
fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Soak oats overnight and drain really well before adding to skillet.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. To the soaked oats, add brown sugar and mix until completely combined.
4. When skillet is hot, drop in the plant-based butter, let it melt to coat skillet.
5. Add the oat/brown sugar mixture to the skillet, and spread to cover the surface of the skillet. (It’s gonna stick and that is what we want to brown the oats and add flavour.)
6. Add blueberries, cinnamon and nutmeg to the top, and let sit for the oats to caramelize.
7. Scrape the skillet down with a spatula, add a splash of water and stir mixture until well combined.
8. Spoon porridge onto plate. Add more fresh blueberries.
9. Grate one macadamia nut with a microplate rasp or a fine grater to top porridge with macadamia snow.
10. Add a few spoonsful of the Oat Fraiche to the dish or your own homemade sour cream or coconut cream. Add mint leaves, and additional macadamia nuts to garnish
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.