Taste the rainbow with these wicked indulgent nachos, bursting with veggies! Don’t be a fool and boil your Brussels, roast ’em and develop a little char that will keep you coming back for more. We’ll be using our wicked awesome sauce here too.
3 T oil, divided
¼ medium red onion, sliced thin
1 t cumin
pinch salt and pepper
10 -15 Brussels sprouts, sliced in half, ends removed
1 bag round corn tortilla chips
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 pieces vegan cheese Follow Your Heart PepperJack Slices, sliced into matchsticks
1 C (250 ml) Wicked Awesome Sauce Recipe
1 red jalapeno, sliced (charred with a kitchen torch – optional)
1 green jalapeno, sliced (charred with a kitchen torch – optional)
½ C (64 grams) crispy seared red cabbage
¼ C (60 ml) Oatly Creme Fraiche or vegan sour cream
few sprigs of cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
2. Heat cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot, add oil and tilt to coat.
3. Add onion, cumin, a pinch of salt and pepper and toss.
4. When the onions have cooked for a few minutes, give them a good stir and move them to the edges of the skillet.
5. In the centre, drizzle some oil and place each Brussels sprout sliced side down into the hot oil in the centre, then drag to the edge of the onions.
6. Give the skillet a shake to keep everything loose.
7. Drizzle oil over top of sprouts, add a pinch of salt and roast for 8 minutes in oven.
8. Remove and set aside to build nachos
Assemble the nachos
1. Place a few handfuls of tortilla chips in the bottom of a cast-iron skillet or baking pan.
2. Top with half of all the ingredients: brussels sprouts, onions, tomatoes, pepperjack matchsticks, and Wicked Awesome Sauce.
3. Repeat this process to make another layer of tortilla chips, followed by the remainder of all the toppings.
4. Add the charred jalapeno slices to the top.
5. Bake nacho skillet for 8-10 minutes until pepperjack melts and cheezy sauce starts to brown.
6. Remove from oven, top with all the garnishes. Serve.
If you don’t have a kitchen torch, you can hold the peppers carefully over a gas range to char and blister the skin. Alternatively, lightly oil the peppers and roast on a baking sheet at 400°F/200°C for about 15 minutes. Check and turn to char all sides evenly.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.