Not just your boring old Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich, this version uses fresh raspberries and a sprinkling of dark chocolate to mix it up a bit, before being grilled to make a sandwich that is crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle.
a good quality peanut butter
4 slices whole wheat bread
1 clamshell fresh raspberries
a bit of dark chocolate bar
your favourite plant-based butter
pinch of coarse sea salt
mint leaves, to garnish
1. Add peanut butter to both slices of bread.
2. Line up raspberries to cover one bread slice.
3. Using a microplane rasp, grate or chop the chocolate into little bits and sprinkle on raspberries. Place the other slice of peanut-buttered bread on top of the raspberries to close the sandwich.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
5. When skillet is hot, add butter and spread around to coat pan.
6. Place sandwich in butter and, while that is sizzling, spread butter on the top of the sandwich and season with a pinch of salt.
7. After a few minutes, check the sandwich. When it is perfectly browned, flip and cook until both sides are to the same crispiness.
8. Remove sandwich from heat, slice in half, and garnish with fresh mint.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.