This Harissa Aubergine and Kale Pizza is wicked tasty, super easy and a great way to use aubergine. It is no plain pizza, using spiced aubergine, crispy kale and the wicked awesome cheese sauce this delicious combination will be a hit all round. It can be made with a homemade or shop bought base depending on how adventurous you feel.
2 medium aubergine, sliced in half lengthwise
¾ C (180 ml) Harissa paste
handful of flour, for dusting your work surface
1 pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
1/2 C (125 ml) of Cheezy Sauce Recipe
2 leaves dino kale, ripped and tossed with oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Preheat cast iron pan used for making pizza.
3. On baking sheet add sliced aubergine in half, spray baking sheet with little oil, and roast face down for about 20-25 minutes, until aubergine skin side up is wrinkly, tender and easily pierced with a fork. Remove from oven, and allow to cool for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
4. Scoop aubergine from skins, using a spoon helps add to a bowl and coat with Harissa paste to marinade. This can be done way ahead time, the longer the marinade the more penetration of flavours.
5. When you’re ready to assemble the pizza to bake, have all your mise en place in front of you.
6. Lightly dust your work surface with flour.
7. Pull, stretch, and work the dough into shape for your pizza crust.
8. Using a potholder, remove the cast-iron from the oven. Place the dough in the dry hot skillet, pressing the edges of the dough to the shape of the pan.
9. Using a basting brush, lightly coat the surface of the dough with oil. Using a spoon, cover the top of the dough evenly with the Wicked Awesome Sauce, then layer with the ripped kale and Harissa aubergine.
10. Bake pizza for 15-25 minutes or until crust is brown and bubbling and toppings are roasted perfectly evenly across. Serve immediately.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.