Keep it cheezy today, with this Pesto Brussels Sprouts & Tomato Pizza, slather on the awesome cheeze sauce onto a little pillow of dough. Finish it off my adding some pesto, brussels sprouts and tomato to give it the star treatment. Brussel sprouts are not just a Christmas side dish
7 Brussels sprouts, ends removed and sliced in half
½ C (250 grams) Pesto Recipe, divided
handful of flour, to dust your work surface
1 pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
1 T olive oil
½ C (250 grams) Cheezy Sauce Recipe
1 medium tomato, sliced
pinch of coarse sea salt
1. Place an empty cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat to 400°F/204°C.
2. While the oven is pre-heating, toss sliced Brussels sprouts in a bowl with half of the pesto to coat. Set aside.
3. Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Pull, stretch, and work the dough into shape for your pizza crust.
4. Using a potholder, remove the cast-iron from the oven, spray lightly with oil, and place dough in skillet, pressing the edges of the dough to the shape of the pan.
5. Using a basting brush, lightly coat the surface of the dough with olive oil. Spoon cheesy sauce over dough and spread to cover (not too much though).
6. Place Brussels sprouts and tomato slices evenly across dough, slightly pressing into the dough pillow.
7. Drizzle dollops of the remaining pesto over the top, and season with salt, if you like.
8. Place into oven and bake until the crust is brown and toppings are roasted perfectly evenly across. (time will vary depending on the dough or premade crust) Allow to slightly cool, then slice and serve immediately
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.