You don’t need cheese to make a wicked awesome pesto. We’re using pistachios and mint to make a version that’s delicious and free from animals! This recipe is quick, easy and incredibly versatile, use it on pasta, garlic bread or even hummus. Have a go changing up the ingredients yourself and see what pesto creation you can come up with.
Serves: 3 cups
4-5 whole cloves garlic, peeled
2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, stems removed
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 small handful of fresh mint leaves
½ C (60 grams) pistachios, no shell (or about 1 handful)
3 C (700 ml) olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In food processor, add first 5 ingredients and have olive oil handy when ready to drizzle.
2. While the food processor is running, drizzle in oil and puree the mixture to your desired consistency.
3. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, and pulse again to combine.
4. Pour pesto into a clean mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
5. You can also freeze it, or freeze in small portions (ice cube trays are great!) and use as needed as an easy grab-and-go staple for later.
Want to see more great recipe videos? See all of the Wicked Healthy Recipe Videos.