What a great place to try a wide range of delicious vegan dishes! Choose from tofu or pumpkin katsu, vegetable dumplings (gyoza) with a dipping sauce, vegetable tempura, miso dumpling ramen, stir fried noodles and nori rolls. Already a fantastic haul but ...
News just in ... there are three new dishes ready for you to try: Green Gyoza (spinach dumplings); Agedashi Tofu (a hot tofu dish with daikon, ginger, spring onion and topped with Ponzu sauce); and crispy Spicy Cauliflower. Beautiful!
Special new year offer: from 1-19 January, a selection of vegan dishes are £2.80. (Participating stores only.)
- Miso Soup (Unlimited)
- Miso Dumpling Ramen with Rice/Yakisoba
- Vegetable Yakisoba
- Vegetable Chahan Rice
- Vegetable Gyoza
- Katsu Curry with Rice
- Pumpkin Katsu
- Vegetable Tempura
- Cucumber Maki
- Inari Sushi
- Kaiso Sushi
- Fruit Plate
- Harusame Aubergine
- Plain Rice
- Hand Roll Special – Vegan (Requested Dish)
Request the vegetarian items be made vegan as some contain egg, and they may also use mayo on their gloves to stop the rice from sticking. You will NOT be able to take nigiri and maki straight off the belt.
You can check out the 2017-18 vegan menu info here.
Note that vegan options may vary from branch to branch.
GOING VEGAN THIS JANUARY? MAKE IT AT YO!
YO! are launching their January ‘Make it’ Menu which runs from Monday to Friday between 1st – 19th January at participating restaurants. A selection of the vegan dishes are just £2.80 each and features 47 dishes in total, 12 of which are vegan. A great opportunity to introduce friends and family to vegan Japanese cuisine!
The 10 vegan dishes on offer are:
- Tofu Katsu Curry – Voted ‘Best Vegan Curry’ by PETA. Crispy tofu with mild curry sauce, spring onion and steamed rice.
- Pumpkin Katsu Curry – Naturally sweet, crispy bites of kabocha pumpkin with mild curry sauce, spring onion and steamed rice.
- Pumpkin Katsu– Naturally sweet, crispy bites of kabocha pumpkin, drizzled with tonkatsu sauce.
- Vegetable Gyoza – Crunchy vegetable and soya filled dumplings with soy vinegar dipping sauce.
- Vegetable Tempura – Assorted vegetables & nori in a crispy tempura batter with a sesame vinegar sauce.
- Vegetable Chahan – Crunchy fresh vegetables, edamame and rice stir fried with shichimi chilli powder and sesame oil.
- Vegetable Yakisoba – Yakisoba noodles in a tangy sauce served with crunchy, fresh vegetables.
- Inari Nigiri – Sweet parcels of soft bean curd filled with sticky rice.
- Kaiso Seaweed– Marinated mixed seaweed, edamame and carrot in a su-miso dressing.
- Harusame Aubergine– Fried slices of aubergine in a garlic & ginger sesame soy dressing.
- Fruit Plate – The perfect palate cleanser – a fresh and healthy fruit plate.
- NEW Spicy Pepper Cauliflower – Spicy marinated cauliflower fried until crisp, garnished with red chilli & spring onion & rice.
- NEW Agedashi Tofu – Hot Tofu with daikon, ginger & spring onion with ponzu sauce.
This information is correct on 29/12/2017