Who doesn’t like carrot cake? Because its made with carrots it must be good for you, so why not indulge!
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F or 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl, add Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon Powder and Nutmeg Powder. Mix well.
- Add Yogurt, Brown Sugar, Sugar and Vanilla. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add Flaxseed Mixture and mix with melted margarine.
- Add Carrots, Walnuts . Mix well.
- Lightly grease the bottoms and sides of 2 9 inch cake pans, and dust with flour or line with paper. A 9×13 inch rectangle pan can also be used.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 2 cake pans and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F/180C.
- Remove from oven and allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Flip them out onto waxed or parchment paper and allow them to cool completely before frosting. If you do not wish to frost the cake, you can enjoy it immediately.
- Beat margarine,Cream Cheese and Vanilla until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until smooth.
- Place one cake (face down) on a platter.
- Lightly frost only the top of the cake.
- Place second cake (face down) over the first cake and frost top and sides if you wish.
- Sprinkle a few chopped walnut pieces over the top to garnish.
- Tastes best at room temperature or warmed for few seconds in the microwave