This recipe for Crispy Sesame Tofu is a mainstay of many of our courses. It's a delicious and versatile way to prepare tofu that can perk up all kinds of grains and vegetables. We like to serve it with quinoa or noodles and stir-fried vegetables. When the season is right, we especially like this tofu with purple sprouting broccoli.
- Slice the tofu horizontally, then cut diagonally into 8 triangles. Place the tofu in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the marinade and pour over the tofu.
- Leave the tofu to marinade for at least an hour, turn the tofu half way through so that it marinated evenly.
- Mix together the tofu crust ingredients. Take the tofu pieces one at a time and dip into the mix so that the crust sticks to all sides.
- Shallow fry the tofu, until crisp. Set aside.
- Strain the marinade and keep as a dipping sauce.