These pancakes are something special. I love these things so much that in the week I discovered the recipe I made them no fewer than four times.
- Preheat the oven to a low, warm temperature (120 – 212 degrees Fahrenheit or 50-100 degrees Celsius). Place a plate to warm inside.
- Add the milk and one tablespoon of olive oil to a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flours, salt, cayenne, turmeric, paprika and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients bit-by-bit to the wet, whisking as you do, until a smooth batter forms. Then add in the garlic and stir in thoroughly.
- Get frying! Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop in small rounds of batter. Fry the pancakes till golden brown on both sides. Keep any finished pancakes in the oven on the warmed plate, until all the batter is fried.
- Serve immediately with your choice of vegetable side and condiments.