Really tasty, and easy to make!
- Preheat the oven at 220ºC/425ºF/Gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry and place in a 23cm loose bottomed tart tin.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper inside the pie and fill with baking beads.
- Blind bake the pastry for 5mins.
- In the meantime slice the tomatoes.
- Once the pastry has been blind baked, remove baking beads and parchment paper and brush the dijon mustard on the pastry so it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp semolina (or breadcrumbs) to absorb liquid from tomatoes.
- Place the tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with dry herbs.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Cook for 20mins at 220ºC/425ºF/Gas 7. Decrease oven temperature to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for another 10mins.
- The tomato tart is cooked once the pastry is slightly brown and tomato skin curled a little.
- Serve hot or cold with a salad.