Udon and lomein noodles go especially well with this popular sauce, and soba noodles taste good with it too. This version of the recipe is simply garnished with spring onions, but for a different taste try topping the noodles and sauce with steamed vegetables.
- Boil the noodles in 2.5 litres of water according to the cooking instructions. [UK 4.4 pints]
- Mix the miso and tahini in a small saucepan.
- Add the water a little at a time and mix well to make a smooth sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer. If it’s too thick, add a bit more water, if it’s too thin, simmer briefly to thicken the sauce.
- To serve, put the noodles into individual serving bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and garnish with the spring onion and finely sliced red peppers.