New York-based restaurants promote Veganuary in their 2024 menus to encourage more people to try vegan in the new year
(New York City, New York – January 8, 2024) – Restaurants throughout New York City are offering promotions and plant-based specials all month long to celebrate Veganuary 2024, the global campaign that encourages people to try vegan in January and beyond. This year, Veganuary celebrated the kickoff of its January 2024 campaign in Times Square with a vibrant billboard on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The colorful PSA aimed to encourage people in the US and worldwide to try vegan for the benefit of health, animals, and the planet.
Every January, businesses around the world are launching more, bigger, and better vegan menus to capitalize on the huge popularity of Veganuary. For the second year in a row, Vegans Baby is organizing New York’s Vegan Dining Month in celebration of Veganuary to add to the number of restaurants offering vegan options in 2024. In addition, &pizza is hosting a Veganuary kickoff event where they will launch their new and exciting specials on January 9 at 7 pm at their Nomad location.
Last year, New York City was the #1 U.S. city for Veganuary sign-ups. A new study conducted by YouGov on behalf of Veganuary reported that 71%* of all US adults are hoping to eat more vegetables in 2024. Veganuary is working with restaurants nationwide to help meet this demand with more inventive plant-based dishes and more choice overall.
Some of this year’s highlights in New York City include:
- Hard Rock Cafe (Broadway) – Launching a Veganuary menu with Cauliflower Wings with vegan ranch sauce and Mushroom Primavera Pasta
- &Pizza – Adding two new vegan pizzas featuring Daring Chicken, named The Sheriff and Hot in Here
- Just Salad –Launching a limited-time vegan recipe created in partnership with Amanda Cohen – chef and owner of the award-winning, Michelin-starred vegetarian restaurant in NYC, Dirt Candy. The salad will be offered exclusively at Just Salad stores, online and in-app from 1/2/24 – 1/31/24.
- Butcher’s Daughter – Offering a free drink token to anyone who eats a full vegan meal and mentions Veganuary for the month of January, and promoting a special collab tee with Don’t Eat The Homies online
- Bareburger – Partnering with zero-dairy cheese company Armored Fresh to introduce new vegan menu items in January
- Balvanera – Featuring multiple special dishes for Veganuary at NYC and Pittsburgh locations
- Plantega – Launching a social media challenge customers can take part in for a chance to win a Plantega prize pack valued at over $100. Plantega is also offering promotions like spend $25, save $5 promotion for new customers on all major delivery apps, and an offer for $10 off orders of $50 or more.
- Stockeld Dreamery – Vegan cream cheese brand launching special items and promotions with multiple restaurants during Veganuary, including Vinny’s Pizzeria, Glizzy’s, Sugarwood, The Bad Bagel and Essa Bagel
- PLNT Burger – Adding two new chik’n sandwiches with Meati Foods patties; also launching two salads across all locations for $5 from Jan 8-14 and more weekly specials to be found on their social media and app
- Rush Bowls – Launching a Detox Bowl, which features a blend of banana, pineapple, apple, pitaya, lemon, ginger, cinnamon and oat milk, topped with fresh apples and pomegranate seeds
- Neat Burger – Collaborating with plant-based meat brand OmniFoods to launch their new Mediterranean Salad Bowl
- PLANTA –Including specialty menu items across all locations for Veganuary, including non-alcoholic cocktails in partnership with premium non-alcoholic retailer Boisson; also giving 500 bonus loyalty points to customers who dine in twice during the month
- More specials can be found on the Vegan Dining Month website
“At &pizza, we take pride in our commitment to top-quality, fresh ingredients. Our menu is thoughtfully designed to be inclusive of various dietary preferences, offering great vegan options that ensure everyone finds a pie to suit their taste,” says Joseph Fahey, Culinary Director at &pizza. “Collaborating with Veganuary was a natural fit for us, and we’re thrilled to contribute to raising awareness about &pizza’s exceptional plant-based toppings!”
Veganuary aims to help people who are curious about eating vegan by providing free recipes, shopping tips, restaurant guides, and meal plans. Major national and regional brands, retailers, and restaurants have joined Veganuary by offering promotions, giveaways, and special menu items, viewable on Veganuary’s Special Offers page, while creating specialized marketing campaigns for plant-based products. The organization also works with restaurants, retailers, and other businesses to help them launch and promote exciting Veganuary specials and initiatives, outlined in the Veganuary Business Support Toolkit.
Veganuary is a nonprofit organization that encourages people worldwide to try vegan for January and beyond. Since Veganuary launched its first pledge 10 years ago – in January 2014 – millions of people, coming from almost every country in the world, have officially taken part, with campaign hubs in Germany, USA, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, India, Spain and the UK. This New Year’s revolution has also been embraced by businesses, with hundreds of companies taking part in Veganuary last year, launching thousands of new vegan products and menu items. Veganuary is free to join, and people can sign up at veganuary.com.
Veganuary US Media
*All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 1242 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 1st – 4th December 2023. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all US adults (aged 18+).