6 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil, divided
4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 can (16.3 oz.) refrigerated vegan biscuits (8 biscuits per can)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Get ready to be wow’d by our recipe for Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs. This recipe is all that and more. It’s fun, it’s easy and it’s delicious. The kids will love helping out with this one. Simply wrap refrigerated biscuit dough around the apple filling, pop in the air fryer, then dip in Plant Butter and cinnamon sugar. Little bites of perfection! No air fryer? No worries, you can bake these in the oven as well.
Prep time: 5 minutes (approximately)
Cooking time: 12 minutes (approximately)
1. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock Plant Butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples and salt and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until apples are tender. Stir in brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and cook 3 minutes or until caramelized. You should have about 2 generous cups apple mixture.
2. Separate biscuits and using your fingers, pull each biscuit into 2 layers. Roll each biscuit layer into a 4-inch circle. (You’ll have 16 circles.) Place about 1 tablespoon apple mixture in center of each circle. Pull sides together forming a ball shape, pinch to seal.
3. Spray the basket of an air fryer with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees. Working in batches, arrange ‘bombs’, seam-side down, in air fryer basket about 2 inches apart. Air fry 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Melt remaining Plant Butter. Combine granulated sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Carefully remove the ‘bombs’ from the air fryer. Brush with melted Plant Butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
5. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Serve immediately or at room temperature. Serve with warm caramel sauce for dipping, if desired.