4 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
40 grams (about 4.7 tablespoons) yeast
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1 pinch of salt
These fluffy, sweet pastries were submitted to Veganuary by Argentinian actor Eliana Albasetti.
For even more delicious celebrity recipes, download your copy of the Celebrity Cookbook.
Prep time: 70 minutes (approximately)
Cooking time: 30 minutes (approximately)
1. Put the yeast in a measuring cup with 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and a about half a cup of warm water.
2. Cover with plastic wrap or a recycled plastic bag, and let stand for about 10 min (you will know it’s ready when it begins to overflow).
3. Place the flour on the counter, make a space in the middle and dump the yeast mixture, margarine (melted), a pinch of salt, the 1/2 cup of sugar, and warm water.
4. Knead until you get a uniform dough and let it rest for an hour or two in a bowl covered with a plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place.
5. After rising, put a small amount of flour on a flat surface (table, counter), stretch with a rolling pin, and cut triangles, roll up from the most wide to form the beautiful croissants.
6. Grease a baking sheet and arrange croissants evenly.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. Finally, make syrup with sugar, water and a tablespoon of vanilla essence and brush the croissants after removing them from the oven.
*This recipe has been translated from Spanish and adapted for the US audience.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!