These fluffy, sweet pastries were submitted to Veganuary by Argentinian actor Eliana Albasetti.
For even more delicious celebrity recipes, download your copy of the Celebrity Cookbook.
Prep time: 70 minutes (approximately)
Cooking time: 30 minutes (approximately)
4 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
40 grams (about 4.7 tablespoons) yeast
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1 pinch of salt
1. Put the yeast in a measuring cup with 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and a about half a cup of warm water.
2. Cover with plastic wrap or a recycled plastic bag, and let stand for about 10 min (you will know it’s ready when it begins to overflow).
3. Place the flour on the counter, make a space in the middle and dump the yeast mixture, margarine (melted), a pinch of salt, the 1/2 cup of sugar, and warm water.
4. Knead until you get a uniform dough and let it rest for an hour or two in a bowl covered with a plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place.
5. After rising, put a small amount of flour on a flat surface (table, counter), stretch with a rolling pin, and cut triangles, roll up from the most wide to form the beautiful croissants.
6. Grease a baking sheet and arrange croissants evenly.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. Finally, make syrup with sugar, water and a tablespoon of vanilla essence and brush the croissants after removing them from the oven.
*This recipe has been translated from Spanish and adapted for the US audience.