This granola bar recipe has a lot of ingredients and so is full of different flavors that every bite is a sensation for the taste buds. Great for a lunch box or between meals, these bars are naturally sweet and crunchy with a fruity twist.
Makes 8 bars
Preheat oven to 350 F
Line a baking tray with baking paper, and then grease it with coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine bananas, almond butter, coconut oil, date syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and half of the blueberries. Mix until completely combined and you have a thick paste mixture.
- In a frying pan, gently toast the nuts and seeds for 3-5 minutes, until slightly brown. Leave to cool. Once cooled, roughly chop the nuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, hemp powder, chia seeds, coconut, cacao nibs, the rest of the blueberries and toasted nuts/seeds.
- Stir the banana paste mix into the oat mix and combine.
- Pour mix into your lined tray. Push down with a spatula to ensure mixture is evenly packed.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, until lightly golden. (These bars are quite soft, if you wish for them to be slightly crunchier, then bake for 10-15 more mins, but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!)
- Leave to cool for 10 mins, then tip onto wire rack and let cool completely.