There are lots of recipes for potato cheese out there, but this is the one I have adapted from various different ones.
- Peel one large potato and one large carrot
- Chop into small chunks (carrot smaller than the potato as it is harder)
- Boil until soft
- Put 3 tablespoons of the potato water into a food processor
- Drain potatoes and carrots and pour into the processor
- Add: 1/3 cup of oil (I use olive), 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast, juice of half a lemon, a teaspoon of garlic powder/granules, a dash of celery salt/onion powder, cracked pepper
You can eat this cheese right away with tortilla chips, use it as your cheese topping on pizza, or go for the all-time best comfort food in the UK – Cheese on Toast!
- Grill your bread on one side, remove and spread liberally with the potato cheese, place back under the grill.