For the scrambled tofu:
1 block of firm tofu
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoons of tamari
1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
1 Cup of vegan salsa verde
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
¼ cup vegan cheese
1.5 cups kale, chopped
½ cup red rice
½ cup black beans
These mouthwatering vegan Chilaquiles were submitted for Veganuary’s 2022 Spanish Celebrity eCookbook by Marco Antonio Regil.
For even more delicious celebrity recipes, download your free copy of the Celebrity Cookbook.
Prep time: 10 minutes (approximately)
Cooking time: 10 minutes (approximately)
1. Crumble the tofu.
2. Stir in the next 4 ingredients until well-mixed.
3. Cook the tofu mixture in a little olive oil.
4. In a separate pan, stir together the salsa verde, vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, and kale and cook until the kale is soft.
7. Add 2 cups of chips to the sauce, mix.
5. Put ½ cup of red rice on a plate.
6. Put ½ cup of hot black beans on the same plate.
7. Top the rice and beans with a layer of chips, then a layer of scrambled tofu. Ready!
*This recipe has been translated from Spanish and adapted for the US audience.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!