What’s more Italian than Orecchiette pasta with olives and tomatoes? Enjoy this traditional and simple yet delicious Datterini Tomatoes and Olives Pasta recipe by Magnifico Foods!
1. Fill ¾ of a pot for pasta with water and place it on the stove (high heat)
2. Bring the water to a boil and add in two handfuls of salt, then add in the pasta too
3. While the pasta cooks, pour 2 tbsp of EVOO into a large skillet, peel the garlic clove, and add it in. Place the skillet on the stove at medium heat.
4. When the clove starts to brown, add in the datterini tomatoes by Bio Orto and the olives and cook them (keep stirring!) for 2-3 minutes. When it’s done, remove the garlic clove and remove the skillet from the heat.
5. When the pasta is ready (orecchiette pasta by Rummo will cook in 12 minutes, make sure you don’t let it cook longer than that!), drain the pasta and add it to the skillet which you are going to place back on the stove (low heat).
6. Stir the pasta with the datterini tomatoes and olives sauce for 1 minute and add in the basil (fresh or dried by Montosco). Stir for another 30 seconds and place the pasta on 4 plates.
7. Before serving it add a leaf of basil as garnish and another tsp of EVOO by Redoro to each plate