- Pre heat oven to 180º C /360 ºF / Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over a low/medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until onion is translucent. Add coriander and cumin.
- Cook for two minutes stirring constantly adding a little water if the pan seems dry.
- Add the spinach, black beans, soy sauce and mashed sweet potatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt.
- Place ¼ cup of mixture in center of tortilla. Roll into a burrito and place in a non-stick baking dish.
- Once all the burritos are assembled, pour your favorite salsa or enchilada sauce on top and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with melty vegan cheese and return to over for 2-5 minutes (until the cheese is melted).
- Garnish with sliced spring onions and serve!
Mild Homemade Salsa:
If, like me, you do not like things hot (or even warm for that matter!), this is the perfect salsa. You can build your tolerance to greater heat levels if you so desire. Just start with a very little bit of hot pepper.
- 8 fresh vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, yellow, orange or red
- ½ tsp seal salt
- 1 lime, juiced
Combine all the chopped ingredients into a bowl stir lightly. Squeeze the lime juice over the homemade salsa. If you prefer, you can use a stick blender and create a less chunky salsa. This flavorfully mild homemade salsa can be served immediately, but its flavor will be enhanced if you let the tastes develop overnight in the fridge.
Like this recipe and want to try more? Sign up with Veganuary today for recipes delivered straight to your inbox.